Saturday, June 2, 2018

Week one - Staff Training

    For those of you who don't know, last Saturday, Hosanna and I headed to WI to work at Northland Camp. We spent this first week in 'staff training', which covers everything from sessions on learning to counsel, work projects around the place, preparing our own hearts for the ministry, and getting to know the staff.
     So much has happened, that it's hard to think of what to say, but I'll try to pick out the highlights.
       ONE - It's been AWESOME getting to know my fellow staff members. There's been campfire services, and late night talks that have both encouraged me, and convicted me.
       TWO - Instead of counseling this year, I'm working on the housekeeping/retail side of things, and I've REALLY enjoyed getting to learn the ropes.
       THREE - This afternoon, we got to do the ziplines and rock climbing. Sadly, I did't get any pictures, but I had a great time! :)
       FOUR - The messages. When you go into a ministry, it's easy to want to focus on helping others, which is GREAT! But it's important to also take the time to make sure that your heart is right with God, and that you're right with God before trying to help others. You can't help someone out of the chains of sin when you're chained yourself.
     FIVE - We played an AWESOME night game!!! :) :)


This is what my room looks like when I'm packing for the whole summer.


On another note, the Corn Maze is getting prepared, and this AWESOME sign will be for sale in the Granary. It seems like the story of my life sometimes!


   I apologize for not having pictures from camp yet, maybe next week I'll have some. :) Just a reminder, if I DON'T post some week, it doesn't mean I died! It probably just means that I'm having technical difficulties. Anyways, till next time, this is Priscilla J. Krahn, reminding you not to hold anything back while serving God.

      "Live to the hilt, every situation that you find yourself in that you believe is the will of God." - Jim Elliot

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're having a great time! Been praying for you guys!
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post!!! Glad to hear you are doing well! I hope you're able to handle everything while being so far away.
    The H.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comments!