Saturday, June 16, 2018

My Miracle Dad





When I think about Father's Day, I feel like taking Ebeneezer Scrooge's change of heart, and applying it to Father's Day. "I shall strive to live with the spirit of Father's Day in my heart year round."

I've shared my mom's story, and how she is a miracle mom, but just as much as my mom is a miracle mom, my dad, is a miracle dad.

Everyone has dreams and plans, but sometimes, God's plans don't match up with ours, and then we have to choose whether to live our dreams, or God's. When my Dad was in high-school, he knew where his life was going.



He was going to go into professional hockey. As a sophomore, he had scouts looking at him, and he knew that God had gifted him in a big way. Then, one day, his dad approached him, and told him that his sisters would be attending a Christian school the following year. Grandpa gave Dad the choice. He could stay in the public school, and become a professional hockey player, or he could attend the Christian school, and give up his dreams.


Sometimes, we have to take a leap of faith, and trust God to work it out for His glory. Dad chose to give up his dreams. He could have been a famous hockey celebrity, but he chose to follow God's leading. When we trust God, He never lets us down. Dad went on to Bible college, and has used everything God has given him to glorify God. Even his mistakes, he's used to teach us, and to help us learn to lean on God more.


God took his dreams, and replaced them with new dreams and ministry opportunities. God has used him to share the gospel with countless people. Whether it was in his prison ministry, his work related ministries, or his family ministry to us kids, he has always been an example to me of how a Christian should be.


He always had time to teach us kids about God's goodness in his life, and how we can share Christ with others.



Thank you, Dad, for being willing to let God have his way in your life. Thank you for using the talents you have to glorify God. Thank you for the sacrifices you've made for us. Thank you for showing us Christ in your life. I love you, and I will always respect the way you glorify God in your life.


6 comments:

  1. What a lovely post about your dad. The one you wrote about your mom was terrific too. Shows how much you all love each other. Take care. Barb in PA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree he is a pretty amazing guy!! He's such an encouragement to me to share Christ with others!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats good Priscilla.
    The Fox

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information. Keep it up. Keep blogging. Looking to reading your next post. acim free audio

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a good point here!I totally agree with what you have said!!Thanks for sharing your views...hope more people will read this article!!! authors acim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. un cours en miracles

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comments!