Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Spontaneous Campfire

I'm not the most spontaneous person in the world, but the other day, when I looked out the window and saw that Dad had lit the pile of branches we'd been stacking on the camp fire pit over the winter, I told Miriam, "We should go roast marshmallows!"
          For those of you who know me, you know that I'm always suggesting random things, but I don't usually think we're actually going to do them. Well, this time, I guess everyone else liked my idea.




So, when I roast marshmallows, (you'll probably all hate me for this,) I DELIBERATELY burn them. That's right. I catch them on fire, and burn them all around, until they have the "delicate taste of charcoal," (As Marty would say.) Then, I pull off the outer burnt layer and eat it, before repeating the process to the next layer. Contrary to popular belief, this is NOT because I CAN'T roast a marshmallow perfectly toasty brown, because I can. I just like them this way. And, by eating it in layers like this, it lasts way longer! :) 


How do you like your marshmallows?


2 comments:

  1. Definitely not burnt. :) I like them perfectly toasted all the way around but I can’t normally get them all that perfect. and I do eat them in layers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I eat them burnt!they may have black on outside,but it's sweet on the inside!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comments!