Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Camp Nano

So, I've never actually done any of the Nano write things, but this April, after some encouragement from a friend, I decided to do the 2018 Camp Nano. For those of you who aren't familiar with it, basically, I'm trying to write a 50,000 word novel in one month.


In some ways, I feel totally CRAZY doing this because of my schedule, but during a recent webinar I watched with Michael Hyatt, he reminded me that I'm no more busy than anyone else. We all have the same length of days, and the same length of weeks. So I'm giving it a try.

Currently, I'm at 6,221 words so . . . yeah, I have a LONG way to go.

You're probably wondering which book I'm writing? Well, it's one that I'll probably not be publishing anytime soon, but I'll be putting the rough draft somewhere and I do plan on going back to it someday. The book? 

The Secret in the Steeple.

Synopsis - Detectives solve crimes. Preacher kids pray. When the two worlds mix, life gets interesting for the Mancefield family. When a spark ignites, and the church is gone, Pastor Mancefield is the main suspect. Can his kids clear his name? The police say it's an open and shut case, but for the five Mancefield children, things are just heating up. Does the stranger on their doorstep know something? Can they get to the bottom of things before the town fires them? Or is the family not cut out to solve mysteries?

Also, this weekend, I'll be at the Thief River Falls Home, Sport, and Family show with a vendor of my books. If you're in the area, I'd love for you to stop by!


1 comment:

  1. That's so cool! I'll be praying for you.
    Enjoy and have fun!
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comments!