Tuesday, April 24, 2018

R.S.C. 2018

  This past week, I had the opportunity to attend the Upper Midwest Regional A.C.E. Student Convention. Dad brought a few boys from our church as students, and I was blessed to get to help with the food at the convention, as well as some judging.


Hosanna also came and helped with judging and meals. The boys did GREAT, and we had a LOT of fun! I was also really challenged and encouraged by the speaker. In his last message, he used a phrase a few times, and it really stuck with me. "Satan is working, BECAUSE God is working." When you feel discouraged, and depressed, and Satan seems to be gaining ground, don't be discouraged! The reason Satan is working, is because God IS working. And God has already won the victory!


We ended up at a McDonalds and they had a Ronald McDonald! Since I hadn't had my picture with him since I was two or three, I wanted my picture with him!


I tried getting one like my first one but . . . either he's shrunk or I've grown!


So I pulled out the old picture. :)



One of the things I helped judge, was the puppet category. It was VERY entertaining and it was neat to see these young people using their talents to glorify God.


It was really awesome to see God working throughout the convention. Through all the problems, trials, and unexpected events, we were all able to see God working, and be encouraged that He is always good! Everything He does, is good!

We sang Victory In Jesus, and when we finished, Pastor C. commented on how amazing it is that we can sing about the victory, while still in the battle. It was encouraging to remember that no matter how long or difficult the battle may seem, it's ALREADY been won! We can have confidence in Christ! We can KNOW that HE has conquered death!


And this last picture . . . I saw it the other day couldn't help but laugh. If you're a writer, or if you live near a writer, you probably understand! I've researched some REALLY strange things with my writing. From bone cancer, while writing Never Without Hope, to studying cocaine, while writing Mission of a Lifetime, to researching the effects of shooting cars tires out while the car is in motion in Traffic at Graveyard Bend, and many other strange things about Pomeranian dogs, poisons, ransom notes, and other weird things, I'm sure I need this mug! What's the weirdest thing you've ever re-searched?


3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had the chance to help out there! Btw I really enjoyed reading your books when I got the time. I think they were very well done. And on another note thats a pretty spiffy mug there. I'll have to get one of them for when I'm hunting up leads.
    P.B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting the pictures, Cilla!!!! Love it! I'm glad there were no dumpsters or pillows involved with this trip! ;)
    Jess

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comments!