Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Stop Wasting Your Time Waiting for Mr. Right . . .

  I had a conversation with a young woman the other day who told me that she didn't think she wanted to commit to doing something because she might get married in the next year. The thing was, she didn't have any prospects. She didn't even KNOW any young men that were options. Yet, she was turning down an amazing opportunity, for the possibility that a guy MIGHT show up.

     A year ago, I committed to doing a convention this spring. Had I hesitated, because I didn't know where I would be a year from then, I wouldn't be doing it next month.

   Am I saying to forget about getting married and forge ahead into opportunities and dreams? NO! I'm saying, don't waste the years that God has given you as a single adult holding out on other opportunities that God gives you, while waiting for something that God may not have for you for many years.

 1 Corinthians 7 says, "But I would have you without carefulness. He that is unmarried careth for the things that belong to the Lord, how he may please the Lord: But he that is married careth for the things that are of the world, how he may please his wife. There is difference also between a wife and a virgin. The unmarried woman careth for the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit: but she that is married careth for the things of the world, how she may please her husband."

  Singleness is NOT a curse! I've heard many young people moaning about how they're waiting for the right one to come along, and wasting time doing it! If you're single, don't waste it! God doesn't give you singleness to waste on waiting for someone. Instead, we ought to use our single years to wait on God. Like the verses above, the unmarried can serve God in a unique way because they don't have to focus on serving a spouse.

Is it wrong to hope and dream of one day getting married? Absolutely not. Marriage is a wonderful thing that God has designed! But God designed it for a time, and if it's not that time of your life yet, then don't waste the single years God has given you.

  My challenge to you? Use your time for HIM. Forge ahead into serving Him until He gives you a different direction, and don't put off serving Him till you find a spouse. We don't know the future, but we know who holds our future. Trust God's timing, and enjoy the adventure of singleness! Enjoy these years where you can serve God with no distractions. These years aren't a curse from God because we're not 'good enough' to be married, or anything like that. These years are a gift. A gift to be used wisely.


On another note, I had an AWESOME birthday with my sisters, family, and friends!


I took my oldest three nephews skating the other day and had some fun playing hockey.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing!!
    Glad you had a good birthday!!
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmhmm PREACH SISTA!!!!

    And happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yessssss!Lived this one!Thanks cilla,I really needed this encouragement!Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comments!