Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Last Week

I had a lot of fun going out with a friend, and then spending the afternoon with our church ladies at the Mother's Day Tea.


Sunday evening some of our church's young people did a music recital, and I had the opportunity to play. At first, I didn't want to, but I'm glad I did. With MANY people around me who are better on the piano, I don't very often play in front of people and I always get SO nervous. The crazy thing is, I don't even know why I'm nervous! I mean the worst thing that could happen, is that I could mess up, burst into tears and fall off the piano bench, but no matter how traumatic it could be, I'd probably look back at it and laugh. 
Anyways, Hosanna told me I was nervous because I haven't done it very much, and if I'd do it more, I would stop being nervous. While I'm sure that's true about my piano playing, I find it's ESPECIALLY true for sharing the gospel. When we haven't been sharing the gospel, we tend to get nervous about approaching people, but if we do it more, and rely on God for strength, it gets easier.


I always find it funny looking at pictures of me from when I was playing piano because I make the most ridiculous faces while I play! Sometimes I look mad, sometimes I look like I'm about to cry, and other times I look nearly asleep. This is actually one of the least embarrassing faces I've ever made while playing piano.

After the recital, Grandpa spoke a few words about doing things for the glory of God. Sometimes we think we have to wait till we're good at something in order to do it for God's glory, but even when we're not very 'accomplished' at a thing, God can still be glorified, if we choose to give Him the glory.

This weekend, I'll be attending the SD Homeschool convention, and if you think of it, I'd appreciate prayer for safe travels, and that we'd be able to be a blessing to the people we come in contact with.




1 comment:

  1. I'll be praying for you all!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comments!