Friday, December 22, 2023

My old car…

When we were cleaning up Grandma’s basement for the auction, the box of cassettes was voted into the dumpster because apparently, cassettes are archaic or something.

Well, I bought my grandma’s car last year, and it has a cassette player! So I maybe, sorta, kinda snuck the cassettes out of the dumpster…🫣

On the way to and from work, I’ve been listening to these cassettes, and while a lot of them are just grandpa’s old favorites, like Johnny Horton, or Johnny Cash, there have been a few super special ones. Like this one. 

It’s a recording of my great-grandmother Ortmann’s memorial service. 

I never met her, but it was incredible hearing about her godly legacy, and how much she prayed for her children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and me. Even though she died a few months before I was born, her greatest prayer was that I would know God. 

Then, I cried a little when I heard my grandpa’s voice reading a poem. 

I miss Grandpa a lot, especially at Christmas time, but I know he’s in heaven now, telling his mom all about the grandchildren and great-grandchildren, and great-great grandchildren who know God.

I’m so thankful for the godly legacy I was given from Grandma Tina, and I hope someday, future generations will know God because of my faithfulness.

So, if you see me driving and think my car is old and ugly, I wouldn’t trade it for any of your Bluetooth vehicles for anything.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comments!