Friday, December 8, 2017

Impromptu Photo Shoot

Today, we went to Grandpa and Grandma Krahn's for lunch, and on the walk home, we couldn't help but notice the snow covered trees. My sister Hosanna grabbed the camera and we did a quick photo shoot! We've had a lot of light snows lately that make me feel like I'm living in a snow globe!


So, this beef heifer wasn't being very cooperative and walked off, but I do live on a farm!!!




Okay, so when I'm walking through the woods with other people, I DON'T normally grab trees! However, when you know the person behind you has a camera . . . you do things a little different! When I'm by myself, I've been known to rip holes in clothes from climbing trees . . . 




And, of course, Dad's dog, Mike, felt left out so he had to come see what we were doing!





Does anyone else have trouble smiling naturally while looking at a camera? 


I tried throwing some snowballs, but the snow was too cold to stick together.


As you can see, we do still have some flax straw if you need to buy some!:) 


I found this on my phone the other day! Mom sent it to me a while ago. . . Apparently it makes everyone think of me!?!?!? :) :)


A huge thank you to everyone who stopped by the craft show! I had a lot of fun!!! A special thank you to two of my AMAZING friends who helped me out!


We ended up babysitting some of the grandkids all day, so Mom invited some of the others over and we had a Christmas party! They decorated cookies, had a treasure hunt, and heard some stories.


I hadn't done these iron on bead things in forever, but when the nieces wanted me to do something with them, I pulled them out! It was a lot of fun to see them enjoying it so much. I used to spend hours doing this kind of thing. 





Then, this morning, I made another latte. This one was a white chocolate, peppermint latte, and although it wasn't quite what I was expecting, it was still delicious! 

Sometime, in the next few weeks, I'll be posting an excerpt from my current work-in-progress, but I'd like to wait till I finish the cover. Since the program I was using to design the cover is having trouble, it may be a little while. Until next time, this is Priscilla J. Krahn, reminding you to enjoy your family and have a merry Christmas!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Great pics Priscilla! Thanks for sharing!
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just got some snow as well, but I didn't take very many pictures...was way too busy riding the horses and sledding!!

    But those iron beads...I haven't done those in YEARS!! Maybe I should pull them out again for my little sisters...

    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading your blog! And yes, I always struggle to smile naturally when I know there's a camera involved! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comments!