Saturday, December 16, 2017

Christmas Baking

We usually always put together several plates of Christmas goodies and give them to neighbors, bring them to church, family get-togethers, and anything else we can think of, so we do a lot Christmas baking!

Some years, I don't do as much of the baking as I did this year, but after not baking all summer, I've REALLY been enjoying the kitchen!


Yes, this is fruitcake. No, I've never made it before. No, it wasn't as horrible as everyone seems to think it is! No, I didn't use brandy even though the recipe called for it! I should have taken the picture later, because I ended up drizzling it with white chocolate. (That was the best part:)


These are peppermint cream cheese mints. We weren't done drizzling them when I took the picture, but you get the basic idea.


And of course, we usually dip hundreds of these little pretzels. I was REALLY glad that Miriam did most of the pretzel dipping this year because after dipping all of the maze ones, I was tired of pretzels! But not so tired of them that I didn't want to eat them . . .

I'll try to post pictures of other things we made later.

I LOVE CHRISTmas. I really enjoy all the family get-togethers, but the thing I love the most about Christmas, is my dad's favorite Christmas verse. 1 Timothy 1:15 ". . .Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners. . . "  As you go about the season, don't overlook the reason for the manger. The baking, the decorating, the lights, the family, they're all things to be thankful for, but don't forget why He came! We NEED a savior, and Jesus is that Savior! What amazing love!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! Those peppermint cream cheese
    mints look amazing!
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are my favorite mints ever! That fruitcake looks yummy! Christmas baking is fun! :D I'm learning the hard way, to be careful though, when substituting different kinds of flours in recipes (I'm gluten free).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your baking looks amazing! I've never mastered the dipped pretzels, but yours look great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comments!