Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Baking, Book Fair, Book signing, and Christmas Sale!

Some days, I feel like I live in a fish bowl. Today, it's no longer a fish bowl, it's a snow globe!!! It's that WONDERFUL time of the year, when (as Ebeneezer Scrooge's nephew Fred would say,) "...when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow-passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys. And therefore, uncle, though it has never put a scrap of gold or silver in my pocket, I believe that it has done me good, and will do me good; and I say, God bless it!"
   
     Lately, I've been telling people that Christmas isn't a day. It's a season. This is the Christmas season, and it's not about one day, it's about the season of remembering how much Christ sacrificed by coming to earth.
     Last year, on Christmas day, I had a REALLY hard day. I woke up with all my plans in place. Drink coffee, wait for Dad to get in from the barn, and open the one present we'd saved for the day. (We tend to open them early . . . :)) But my plans didn't happen the way I thought they should. The barn froze up, and chores took a lot longer than planned. Then, Dad had to butcher a cow with a broken leg. All in all, it was quite late when he came in. I was hoping we could spend some time together as a family, but after opening our gifts, Dad had to go and help a neighbor, and everyone kind of went to do their own thing. I remember sitting on the couch thinking about all the people I knew who were having a carefree day, and I felt sorry for myself for having such a quiet, interrupted Christmas. The problem? It had nothing to do with Dad being busy, that's a normal part of life. It had nothing to do with the presents, or the day. It had EVERYTHING to do with my attitude. I started the day thinking about myself, and what I wanted. When things didn't go how I thought they should, I had a hard time. 
    I don't know if any of you have ever had a special day that you looked forward too, and when it didn't go as you planned, you felt let down, but that's how I felt. This year, things are going to be different, and I challenge you to make them different too. Don't get caught up on your plans. Instead, take everything with a 1 Thess. 5:18 attitude of thanks, and the attitude of putting others first. One of my favorite Evangelists is constantly reminding people that "It's NOT about YOU!" and he is right. If we get caught up on what we want, what we expect, and how we feel, we WILL be disappointed because it's NOT about US!!!! Spend every day of the Christmas season thinking about others, and how you can glorify God. Because it IS about HIM!

    Anyways, (I didn't actually mean to share all that. . .) I did a bit of Christmas baking today, and a few of the nieces decided to help!








Rewind a few days, and you find the book signing for The Fudged Up Murder, which went REALLY WELL!!!! I'm SOOOO Grateful for the AMAZING family and friends I have who stopped by and encouraged me, as well as the wonderful coffee that Caribou supplied! :)




And, THIS Saturday, I have another event coming up. The Warroad Library is doing a Christmas open house with live music, crafts, hot chocolate, cookies, and an author book fair. I am one of the authors that will be attending and I will have all of my books for sale. I'd love to see you there!



CHRISTMAS SALE!!!!!! Until the new year, ALL of my kindle books are available on Amazon for 99 cents! And ALL of the Ty Carson, and Adventure of Amy printed books are available for $7.99!!!! If you're looking for a Christmas gift for that reader, take advantage of this sale.

This is Priscilla J. Krahn, reminding you that it's not about you, and if you're having a bad day, you're probably thinking about the wrong person. Because it's ALL about HIM!!! That's why we can have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I'm glad your book signing went well!!
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the pictures! Looks like alot of fun! I'm glad you were able to handle all of that!

    I'm super duper late here, but just thought I'd comment and say that my favorite character from your books is Alano. He made sense to me and I loved his character. So if you ever decided to write a book with him as the main character there would be at least one very exc "person" out there ;)

    Keep up the good work.

    Jess

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comments!