Tuesday, February 13, 2018

18 Excuses for NOT Having a Valentine Date.

         As a single young woman, I do, on occasion, have people ask me if I have a boyfriend. And the answer is, no, not yet. I'm waiting for God to bring the right man into my life, and until then, I'm serving God where He's placed me.
         But people still ask. If you're a single young woman of marriageable age, you've probably had some sweet older woman say something like . . . "I have a grandson you should meet!" Or "Why don't you have a date yet?"
         As a joke, I put together a list of 18 excuses for not having a date. Some of them could be true . . . other ones are just funny! But either way, I hope you enjoy this list.
 
1. His great-great-great-great grandfather died at the Alamo . . . before getting married. So, my date never had a chance to be born.

2. He rebelled against God, and now he’s in jail.

3. He was aborted.

4. He’s overseas in the military.

5. My date became a missionary to Iraq, and was beheaded for his faith.

6. His family didn’t want to let God give them all the children they were supposed to have, so they quit with four kids. He would have been number five.

7. He married the wrong girl.

8. God wanted me to be an old-maid.

9. He’s in a university getting his doctorate.

10. He’s fighting cancer and doesn’t have time to think about girls.

11. He’s looking for a Miss-America type perfect girl . . . which obviously isn’t me.

12. He’s too busy playing video games to realize that real life still exists.

13. His grandma hasn’t met me yet.

14. He thought I’d say no, so he didn’t ask, went into depression, and now he’s on drugs.

15. He’s waiting till he has a house and job.

16. He’s afraid of my dad. :)

17. He thinks my family is crazy.

18. He hasn’t learned English yet.



4 comments:

  1. i read this priscilla and it is funnny and some are true. i enjoyed reading it. miss you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! Thanks for sharing!
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are hysterical!! You missed one, though:
    "He took that left turn at Albuquerque . . ."
    I can't explain why "lost" and "bugs bunny" are forever mentally linked. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comments!