Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Four Fall Lattes!

When I'm stressed out, and under a lot of pressure, I can act kind of weird. . .  I know that some of you are probably thinking right now, 'She must ALWAYS bu under a lot of pressure and stress, cause she's always weird!' and you're probably right. For me, when I have a list of deadlines, and feel like crawling into a hole and hiding for a year, the best way to relax, is to make something in the kitchen. Of course, we have to be careful with the 'things' we go to when we're stressed. The only thing that can really help us, is spending time with Jesus, and HE should be the one we go to. Not books, not food, not movies, not people, we should go to Jesus. That being said, sometimes, I have the greatest conversations with Him while I'm working in the kitchen. Making something for other people's enjoyment helps me take my mind off of me, and focus on Christ, and serving others. This fall has been an especially crazy time for me, and since I hadn't been able to bake or experiment in the kitchen all summer, I've taken full advantage of this fall in the kitchen!

My latest 'creations' have been fall flavored lattes!


You've already seen the pictures of the Pumpkin Spice Latte.



But then there was the Apple Cider Latte. This one was good when it was fresh and still hot, but as it cooled slightly, the apple cider curdled the milk a little. Of course, it was still good, (I mean it had coffee in it!) but of the ones I've made, this one was definitely my least favorite. I didn't use any one recipe for a lot of the lattes. I kind of merged a few recipes and threw in my own twists, but this one had apple cider, milk, coffee, brown sugar, and vanilla. It didn't taste the greatest to start with, so we added some cinnamon and caramel and that did the trick!


The Caramel Latte was one of my favorites. You can't go wrong with caramel, milk and coffee! I also added a bit of vanilla and brown sugar. Then we topped it with whipped cream and more caramel.


This is my attempt at a Turtle Mocha Latte. Although it doesn't look the nicest, it tasted great! Not quite like one you'd get in a coffee shop, but close. I'll have to try making this one again and see if I can get it any closer to the taste I was looking for.

Basically, most of the recipes are 1 cup of strong coffee, to 2 cups of milk, then you add whatever flavor you're trying to get, and sugar to taste.

What is your favorite latte/coffee drink? I'm hoping to try making a few more, and I'd love some ideas! Till next time, this is Priscilla J. Krahn, reminding you to stay thankful in EVERYTHING, and enjoy the small moments of life.

2 comments:

  1. They sound really good! Thanks for sharing!
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were REALLY good! Thank you, Joanna, for faithfully commenting! I really appreciate it. :) :) :) :)

      Delete

Thank You for your comments!