Tuesday, October 17, 2017

The End . . .

     I love typing those words. The End. They usually mean that I've finished writing a manuscript that I've been working on for weeks, or months, or years. But today, is the end of the most crazy weeks of my life. As of Saturday, the Corn maze is closed for the season! Now, we're back to getting the farm ready for snow! It was supposed to snow on Saturday, but thankfully, it didn't. We're not quite ready for that yet!!

    Now I'm not a photographer, but I did take a few pictures this last week of our life in the fall to share with you.
   

This time of year, Dad always takes 'the guys' duck/goose hunting. It's his favorite kind of hunting, and 'the guys' always love to go with him! (Us girls too when he takes us;) 'The guys' consists of Dad's nephews, grandsons, and church kids who have helped on the farm over the summer. Yesterday and today, some of my 'brothers' went back to their real homes and we miss them already but we're VERY thankful for all the help they've given us over the summer and fall!


Fall is the hardest and most stressful time of year for me, but I still really enjoy the Fall decorations! We always hang Dad's buck head in the dining room.  And that odd part of the wall does NOT have a paper plate on it despite what it looks like. It's a tin covering for the old chimney that used to be there when the house had a cook stove.


Our 'front' door is busy as ever with our 'flax straw season' when we sell flax straw to everyone who needs to cover there septic systems, or put bales around their houses for heat in the winter.


Okay, so this is a boring picture, but the trees are so pretty this time of year!


A picture is worth a thousand words . . .


You just have to go barefoot in the rustling leaves at least once.


My favorite shelf in the kitchen.


I always put my European mount on top of the piano for two reasons, one, it fits there, and two, Dad doesn't like it to close to his mount. Apparently mine is a little bigger . . .


The last of the garden is being taken care of before the ground is frozen for the year. We've had some really hard frosts, but the carrots are one thing that can handle that.




The pile of flax straw bales in the yard is quickly disappearing. If you need any flax straw come and get it!


When I hear about all the homes burning in CA it makes me even more thankful for the beautiful home God has blessed me with. It may be old and have it's quirks, but there's no place I'd rather be. When I write 'the end' it always means that I'm about to start another project. I'm glad that God holds the pen of my life story and when He writes 'the end' of one chapter, He always starts another chapter. I'm looking forward to that day in Heaven when I'll see my author face to face.

Until next time, this is Priscilla J. Krahn reminding you to stay thankful in EVERYTHING!!!!




7 comments:

  1. What a busy time of year. But I sure am glad to get my brother back. :)
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing him! You have no idea how much that means to us! I'm looking forward to catching up with you sometime! I might have to plan a trip or something: )

      Delete
  2. Thanks for posting! Thank you so much for praying for our Youth Conference! We had 21 teens saved and 3 from our youth group! Thanks again!
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praise God!!!!! I was really excited when I saw that Kurt Skelly was preaching!!! I've had the privilege of hearing him a few times and he is AWESOME!

      Delete
    2. Yes he is!! Thanks again for praying!!
      Joanna

      Delete
    3. Hey Priscilla, there is a family here at our church who really need prayer. They have 10 kids and the Dad has 40% of his heart left and can't get disability. They would really appreciate the prayers. Joanna

      Delete
    4. Thanks for letting me know, Joanna. I'll be praying.

      Delete

Thank You for your comments!