Tuesday, December 27, 2016

This Day in History

 On this day in . . .

   1825 - The 1st public railroad using a steam locomotive was completed in England.
   1850 - Hawaiian Fire Department was established.
   1871 - World's 1st cat show took place in Crystal Palace, London.
   1939 - There was an earthquake in Turkey killing around 50,000 people.
   1949 - Queen Juliana of the Netherlands granted sovereignty to Indonesia.
   1965 - My mom was born.

  The last one, is the reason for this post today. Today is my mom's birthday.


     Do you see the woman standing in the middle of the picture next to her handsome cowboy? That's my mom. She's the reason I'm here in more ways than one. Obviously, she gave me life, but that aside, she's the reason I am who I am today. She's the one who led me to Christ. She's the one who taught me how to read. She spent hours teaching me how to write and how to learn. She's the one who encouraged me to write. 
       She loved me enough to correct me through my childhood, and as I grew into a teenager, she loved me enough to make me see myself as I was. For a few years there, I was struggling with some very serious issues, and  it was Mom who made me realize that I needed to make changes. As I grow and mature in my spiritual life, Mom is the one who takes the time to encourage and correct me.
    I can't thank her enough for all the sacrifices she has made and is making to invest in my life. I can't thank her enough for the godly example she's been to me. I can't pay her back for all the years of teaching and training. But even if I can't pay her back, I will always love her and be grateful for what she's done for me. I hope to someday be a woman like her.

Happy Birthday, Mom!!!!


(If you want to wish Mom a happy birthday, go to my family blog at www.greenpasturesfarm.blogspot.com and leave a comment!)

2 comments:

  1. So nice, Priscilla! Happy birthday to your Mom! You all look nice, too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Priscilla, wishing mom a very happy birthday! And good luck to you too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comments!