Sunday, June 16, 2019

Once More, God Brought me to Camp

Staff Training here at Northland Camp has come to a close. Every time that I’ve been here, it’s been neat to see how God worked it out, because every time I’ve come, there have been a million and one reasons in my eyes why I shouldn’t be here, yet God always works things out for me to be here at just the right time.

I’ve been really challenged this year, as I’ve sat through the training sessions and messages. I’m so blessed to be here with this awesome team. One of the things that I’ve been reminded of this week that has really been an encouragement to me is to keep my focus right.

I mean we hear about things like the Notre Dame fire, and thing, “How sad!” But looking ahead, everything here is going to burn up anyways. At the end of the day, the only thing that’s going to matter from this life is how we lived for God.

It’s easy to get caught up in the little things of life that seem big at the time, but keep it in perspective of eternity. At the end of the day, most things won’t matter, and we need to make sure we're investing in the things that do matter. Bringing glory to God, and showing the world HIS love.

So, yes. It's been a great week! I'm excited to see what God is going to do this week in my life, as well as in the campers.

A verse that I've been thinking about a lot lately is Matthew 13:58 "And he did not many mighty works there because of their unbelief." Sometimes, we want to see God working, but He's not doing mighty things in our lives, because of our unbelief. How often do we pray . . . "God, change this situation!" But don't actually expect to see a change? My encouragement to you? Have faith. Don't expect God to do great things if you're not living by faith.

I'll try to post again next week, but I do have very spotty internet connection and may not be able to. I guess we'll see. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comments!