Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Two More Questions Answered

Question - What is your favorite fiction book?

Answer - I don't have just one!!! But I guess if I had to pick a couple, I would say . . . The Northwoods Adventures  and the Freedom Seekers by Lois Walfrid Johnson. The Accidental Detectives by Sigmund Brouwer. The Hidden Hand, The Lost Pearle, and The Lost Clue from Lamplighter. Monster by Frank Pereti. Arby Jenkins by Sharon Hambrick. Sherlock Jones by Ed Dunlop. The Peabody Adventures by Jerri Massi. And The Frencolian Chronicles by Carolyn Ann Aish.

  You may notice that a lot of these books are juvenile fiction, and yes, I still read juvenile fiction even though I'm twenty! I do enjoy and read others as well, but I find it helpful when I'm writing a genre like juvenile fiction, to be reading books in that same genre and since my latest project is a juvenile fiction book, that's what I've been reading.

     DISCLAIMER - Just because I enjoy a book listed above does not mean I totally approve of all content or other books by the same authors.



Question - What inspired you to write books?

Answer - I've always liked writing, but I wasn't serious about writing books until I was somewhere around thirteen years old. I didn't like reading until I was ten years old when one of my siblings made me read a Hardy Boy book. I got hooked and ended up reading every Nancy Drew and Hardy Boy book that I could get my hands on. By the time I had exhausted my supply of them, I had developed a love for reading and I was ready to read other books. The more I read, the more I wanted to write. I read a LOT of books those next few years and worked on my writing as well, but at that point, although I wanted to be an author someday, I didn't see it happening anytime soon. Then, when I was thirteen years old, my mom bought me the One Year Adventure Novel high school curriculum and, by doing so, proved to me that she thought I could get published. When I knew that my mom thought I could do it, I knew I had to try. From then on, I became serious about my writing and I've been writing ever since. So in short, I guess it was a mixture of my siblings helping me learn to like reading, and my mom believing in me and and giving me confidence..


2 comments:

  1. Thanks Priscilla!! I really like Sherlock Jones too!!!
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very encouraging :-) thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comments!