You Know You're a Writer When...
1. You turn to your sister in a store with a gasp and say... "That man who just walked past... he looks exactly like my villian!"
2. When you have at least twelve notebooks full of nothing but ideas and plot bunnies...
3. When you know what a plot bunny is.:)
4. When you drive your family crazy with a word count on every page.
5. When you make up personalities and histories for people you see at the grocery store.
6. When you flinch after hearing someone use an unnecessary adverb, but then relax because you realize it is just dialogue and therefore acceptable.
7. When your Christmas/Birthday list consists of notebooks, pens, bookshelves, pencils, and sticky notes.
8. When people ask you why you're acting weird and you just smile and say, "I'm acting out a scene in my next story."
9. When you wake up in the middle of the night and have to get up to write down your latest story idea before you forget it.
10. When you have dreams in which you're the hero.
11. When you research weird, off-the-wall stuff. (Like how far can you go with a collapsed lung.)
12. When you talk about your characters as if they were real people.
13. When your mom tells you to write a paper on the French Revolution and you hand in an eleven page story from a fashion-obsessed-French-girl's point of view who manages to explain the politics with her ever-changing wardrobe.
14. When you get excited about someone editing your book and returning it covered in red ink.
15. When you walk by someone's porch and think... 'That would be a good place for a fight...'
16. When you spend more time pouring over baby name books, than most parents ever do.
17. You're to busy writing to stop for supper.
18. When you want to break a window with a specific flashlight, just to see if it would work in your next book.
19. When you threaten to put annoying people in your next book as the villain.
20. When you read the above sentences and nod your head saying "Yep...yep...yep."