Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Snacks From Around the World

For Christmas, I was given a Yum box of Christmas snacks from around the world!
It's kind of strange thinking of all these foods that we don't eat here in America. Some of them were really great!!! And others . . . I know why they're not popular here!


I didn't get a picture of the full box before I started taking things out, but here's a bunch of the stuff.


This is a Christmas shortbread from the Philippines. 


This was probably my least favorite one so far. It's a gingerbread cookie with black-current frosting. While I love the heart shape, and they're super cute, I'm not a huge fan of the black current and gingerbread mix... I guess I'm not a huge gingerbread fan to start with.


This walnut filled cake from Switzerland reminded me of some of the Christmas cookies my grandma makes.



I lost the paper with the details about each item, but whatever this Japanese cookie is called, it was one of my favorites! It had a hint of caramel, and nuts, giving it a hint of sweet and salty.


I don't remember what country this came from . . . but it was somewhere in the Middle East I think. 

I've still got a few more to try, but overall, they've been awesome! A great experience. And the chocolate. American chocolate isn't the same as European chocolate. It's AMAZING!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comments!