Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Volunteering at Northland Camp

So, for those of you who don't know, I'm in WI for two weeks doing some winter projects. Lately, we've been scrubbing the kitchen from top to bottom.


And here are some of the AWESOME girls who came with me!



Reflection Lake is in the woods behind Northland. If you've ever seen the BJU film, The Printing, this is where they filmed the skating scene on the Neva River. (Cool Fact - My dad is the one who skates off with the Bibles at the end, and Galena is wearing my mom's skates.)



We had a good invigorating walk through the snow!


And there I am scrubbing the floor in the 'Dish Pit'. 


I'm a little sore from all the up and down kneeling, but I'm actually really enjoying it!!! This week, I've been thinking back a lot to the last few summers. Honestly, for the last year and a half, I've had a lot of struggles. Things I couldn't explain, and things I didn't know how to deal with, at the time, I didn't see anything but the pain, the hopelessness, and the doubts. But as I've been looking back, God has been reminding me of things that I'd forgotten about. Small victories, that at the time didn't seem big, but looking back, they were huge.
There were days when God would do something amazing, and then I'd have a huge struggle the next day, and forget about the victory. But looking back, I see God's hand. I see growth that I didn't see at the time. My encouragement to you? Don't forget the little victories. God is working the little things together for something bigger. Don't get discouraged when you're only seeing little progress. God is working, even when we can't see it.

3 comments:

  1. Nice pictures. You look so joyful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We watched The Printing and loved it! That is so cool it was filmed in your area!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess even scrubbing floors can be fun with friends...Have a good rest-of-your-trip!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comments!