Thursday, June 30, 2016

About The Blog Title

   So why 'Write Hard and Pray Harder?'


Obviously, if you're going to be a writer, you have to write, write, and re-write.

And obviously in the Christian life, we're supposed to pray. So what's the connection?



When I started getting serious about wanting to write a book, I had a different idea of how things would be than I do now. It's kind of a long story but I didn't always feel the same way about writing that I do now. Basically, I used to write because I wanted to and I didn't care about what God wanted me to do. When I yielded my writing to God I realized two things. 1. I'm never as happy as when I'm fully surrendered to God and 2. I will never be able to write anything worth reading without God's help. I can't tell you how many times I've been stuck on writing a scene and when I prayed about it, a verse came to mind that helped me through the scene. If we're not writing for God's glory, we're not going to be writing things worth reading. The best advice I can give someone who wants to write, is to always talk things out with God. It may seem silly to be talking about fictional people with God, but God cares about us, and if our story is important to us, God will care about it as well. I've found that in every area of life, if I pray through my problems, God will help me. It doesn't matter how hard I write, without prayer, my writing is nothing. So I write hard, but I pray harder! No, my books aren't perfect, but I don't think God cares so much about my story and grammar, as He cares about me, and who I become through my writing.

I Peter 5:7 "Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you."





1 comment:

  1. Well put Cilla! Thank you for the reminder. -Jess

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comments!