Monday, February 10, 2020

14 Ways to Get a Valentine Date

 In the past, I've done a humorous blog post about Valentine's Day. With 16 Ways to Avoid Getting a Valentine Date and 18 Excuses for Not Having a Valentine Date, I wasn't sure what to do this year, and then, someone suggested Ways to Get a Valentine Date.

   Now, like my other Valentine posts, I feel like I need a disclaimer. Maybe a few. For several reasons. One. I don't actually approve of trying to find a Valentine date. Relationships are not something to play with, they're a beautiful thing designed by God, and we shouldn't be out chasing guys trying to get a date for a night just to tell people we have one. So, by my posting this, I'm NOT saying I approve of any of the suggestions, and I do NOT recommend you try any of them! The story I shared about my friend, Why She's Glad She Didn't Flirt, really is true. Trusting God, following HIS leading, is the best way. I realize that looks different for everyone, but if God's at the center, it's right.

All that being said, why am I posting something about trying to get a Valentine date when I don't approve of any of my own suggestions? Well, if you're a single young adult, chances are, people are always trying to get you match made. Always trying to ask about your love-life, or lack thereof. These Valentine posts, are meant to be funny. Something to make you laugh, and maybe, if you're struggling to come up with good answers when people ask you how you're going to get a Valentine date, you can use one of these answers as a way to lighten the mood, and bring a smile to their faces.

 So, here it is. You need to do something with someone on Valentines so that you can tell people you had a date.

1.  Find a homeless guy and offer to buy him a meal.

2. Blackmail your brother. Or Clean his truck to get him to take you out.

3. Run your car battery dead and ask random guys to jump it. Then offer to buy him dinner.

4. Get hurt, call an ambulance, and hope there's a single paramedic.

5.  Run into guys in stores with shopping carts. Then apologize profusely.

6. Make friends with older ladies who have grandsons.

7. Get a job at a mechanic shop.

8.  Reserve a table for two at a nice restaurant, show up alone, and cry. Hopefully, some guy will be having a hard day too, and join you.

9. Go shopping at a sporting goods store looking for a gift for your dad for Valentines, and get a nice worker to help you out. Hopefully, he'll want to spend Valentines with someone who believes in buying sporting goods for Valentine presents.

10. Visit a gym, and ask all the guys for advice.

11. Text every guy in your contacts, surely one of them doesn't have plans.

12.  Put an ad in the paper. You'd be surprised how many other people are desperately searching for a date too. Only, use a fake name. If everyone knows you advertised for a date, it kind of defeats the purpose.

13. Go on a dating website and explain your predicament. Someone will help you out.

14. Go golfing on Valentines, and hire a caddie, then invite him out for dinner.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comments!