Recently, I've had several people ask me about books for 11-13 year-old readers. What books do I recommend? So, I've put together a list of books that either I loved as a tween, (and still do love), or books that my nieces love.
Now, I have to say, I'm super conservative and picky about books. I don't like books where the kids are brats, and I don't like books that delve into fantasy. So, if you're looking for fantasy or sci-fi, you probably won't find any on this list.
I don't have any specific order to these, so I'm going to just start naming them.
1. Sherlock Jones Series, by Ed Dunlop
2. Peabody Adventures, by Jeri Massi
3. Arby Jenkins, by Sharon Hambrick
4. The Adventures of Arty Anderson Series, by Mark Redmond
5. The Accidental Detectives, by Sigmund Brouwer
6. The Young Refugee Triology, by Ed Dunlop
7. Gatlin Fields series, by Sandra Waggoner
8. Freedom Seekers, by Lois Walfrid Johnson
9. The Northwoods Adventures, by Lois Walfrid Johnson
10. The Wall Series, by Robert Elmer
11. Adventures Down Under, by Robert Elmer
12. The Jed Cartwright series, by Ed Dunlop
13. The Missionary Adventures of Bob and Arty, by Jeff Barth
14. The Ivan books, by Myrna Grant
15. The Scripture Sleuth, by Mat Halverson
And then, I have a few books that I've written for those ages.
The Mystery in the Corn Maze
The Ty Carson Series
The Adventures of Amy
I hope these books will be a blessing to you and your young readers!