Monday, December 11, 2023

A Busy Week!



I had my book signing this past week! I think it surprises people who’ve never been to a book signing, when they pop in at mine. 

If you watch movies, they depict book signings as an author sitting with a long line frantically signing books. Unless your name is Steven King, or J. K. Rowling, that’s not exactly accurate. 

They say an average book signing sells about 8 books, and many authors skip them all together, deeming them a waste of time. 

I’m super blessed with a supportive community who always makes my book signings well worth my time, but even if I didn’t sell any books, I love the opportunity to interact with readers! 

Okay, these pictures are way out of order. I wasn’t planning on mentioning this till the end but, here it goes. 

Lord willing, I’m going to spend my birthday, (St.Patrick’s Day) in Dublin, Ireland!!!!

A friend of mine sells L’BRI products and will be attending with the group, and I’m going along for the ride! 


My friend still needs a few more points before the month is up to meet her goal, so if you like healthy products from a local, check her stuff out! 


They make great gifts, just be sure to enter show # 247001 at checkout. 


Some orders even qualify for a free travel jewelry box! 


Back to my week… My sister and I got to help my grandma decorate for Christmas, and then she pulled out the tea, china, and treats. It’s such a blessing to be so close to her! 



And yes, my book signing went well!




I don’t know why I always cut it so close, but my author copies didn’t arrive in the mail until 3 days before my signing! 


And then, I tried making home candy canes! And decided… I’m never doing that again. I’ll just buy them! 


I managed to get a few mint patties before the candy hardened into a culinary disaster! 


Earlier this month, a few friends and I went to a Handel’s Messiah performance. It was incredible! I know the picture just shows a few of them warming up, and doesn’t show either choirs, but it was incredible! 


And my crazy cool niblings stopped by my book table! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comments!