Monday, June 15, 2020

Thoughts From The Past

I've been reading back in my blog posts lately. In some ways, it's like reading my diary. So, I thought I'd share this post from Monday, March 21, 2016. While things have changed in my life, God hasn't changed. He's the same yesterday, today, and FOREVER.


What writing has taught me about God being in control.

When I was writing 'Adventures of Amy' book four, (Never Forget,) I said something to my sister. I'm not sure what my exact wording was but it was something like this...

    "It sure is stressful being in control of so many people. I mean I have to decide everything about my characters... their gender, their hair color, where they live, how they talk, if they live or die and... well EVERYTHING! I'm sure glad God's in control of real people because it's hard work making these decisions."

 That got me thinking about all the little things God has to plan about each and every one of us. I mean God has to decide when we live and die, what we look like, what family we have and tons of other things.

  We often like to have control over some of these things, but next time you feel like God's not being fair with you and you wish he would change the way He made you or something, just remember that it's God's love for you that doesn't let you have control over every area of your life. God knows that we would get worn out really fast if we had control over some things in our lives and I think it's best for us to just leave them to God and trust Him.

  I heard a quote the other day, not sure where it came from, but it says, "When God pushes you to the cliff edge of your life and you can't hold on any more, relax... God will either catch you when you fall, or He will teach you how to fly." I think too often we complain about circumstances in our lives that we have no control over, when really, we should be thanking God for providing opportunities for us to grow in grace.

   You may look at the circumstances in your life and doubt God's love, but we're not supposed to be caught up in life's circumstances. We're supposed to keep our eyes on Jesus, and when the cross is always in sight, doubting God's love shouldn't happen. I heard someone say once, "I'm doing the best I can, under the circumstances." The real question is, "What are you doing under the circumstances?" We shouldn't be bogged down by circumstances! God's in control, you don't have to worry.


We can't always see God's hand, but rest assured, it's there.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comments!