Friday, November 15, 2019

Book In Progress

  So, it's been almost a year since The Fudged Up Murder was released, and for those of you who follow my books, you're probably expecting a book in the next few weeks. Well, I hate to disappoint, but this is going to be the first time that I've gone over a year in publishing a book since my first book was published when I was 17. But don't worry! I am working on something . . .
     
        I'm not quite ready to release the cover and title of my book-in-progress, but I'm ready to give some information.It's my first historical fiction, and was originally set in Jamestown in the 1640s, but after many re-writes and plot changes, it covers a lot more than just Jamestown, although it is still set in the 1640s.
   I actually wrote this book before I wrote the Ty Carson series, but I just wasn't totally happy with it. It was originally written as a trilogy, and I put them on back burner to work on Ty Carson, and then The Fudged Up Murder. Off and on, over the last few years I've worked on it, but it wasn't until about a year ago that I combined the three books into one. And that's when I started to work with it more. I'm super excited about this one! The historical aspect has been challenging for me, but I've learned a lot through the process, and am hoping to do more historical at some point in the future.
    When is it going to be published? My goal, is to have it published by March 1st, but right now, it's a tentative goal. And now . . . for a synopsis of my book in progress . . .

A father’s debt . . .
    A brother’s failure . . . 
        And the wrong sister . . .

Lord DeWillt already had everything. Everything but his name. And he’s back for that. On the run, and fighting painful memories, James Wakefield doesn’t know where to turn. Is it possible that freedom can offer peace?
     George Wakefield knows the life of cultured England, but in the wilderness of the Americas, finding answers to DeWillt’s pursuit seems impossible.
       Can years of deceit and pain bring the Wakefield brothers together? Or will it just distance them more? Can they find freedom in Christ while captives? Can God’s freedom shine in even the darkest of nights?
Can two brothers be united after years of betrayal?



3 comments:

  1. Super excited! Sounds great!
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Historical fiction is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to reading it!!
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comments!