Tuesday, November 26, 2019

A Few Pictures From My Trip

  I realize that I haven't posted in over a week. Again. It's happened a few too many times this year, but this year has been . . . a lot different. Anyways, I just returned home from a road trip to Kentucky and Ohio.
     Miriam and I were judges at the National Bible Bee Competition held at the Ark Encounter in Kentucky, and since we were so close to Ohio, we got to spend some time with Hosanna!
   I didn't get many pictures, but here's what I got.


For a girl from a very rural area, these cities take my breath away. This was the view from one of our hotel windows, and at night, it was all lit up and reflecting on the Ohio river. It was SO beautiful!!! But after driving on their roads, I'm more than happy to be returned to the country!


And the view out my other window.


The hotel we were staying at was attached to the convention center where the preliminary testing for the Bible Bee Competition took place. This gazebo is actually inside the hotel lobby.


It was fun to see the Christmas decorations everywhere! 


This is the view of the lobby and gazebo from the 11th floor where we were staying.


We took Dad and Mom to the Air Force Museum one day, and while we really had to run through it and didn't have much time, it was awesome to see again! If you're ever in Dayton, Ohio, plan a day or two to see this place!


This is one of the presidential Air Force One planes.


And we got to spend a little bit of time with Hosanna!!!!


I'm super glad I got to work with Miriam during the competition. It made it so much more fun.


And the awesome group we got to judge with! As mostly alumni of the Bible Bee Competition, it was a lot of fun to compare stories, and share memories.


The finals, were held at the Ark Encounter Convention Center, so we got to see the Ark!! I'd never been, and it was TOTALLY worth the time! If you're ever in Kentucky, be sure to hit the Ark Encounter, and the Creation Museum, they were both really awesome! I really appreciated how they took something that many make fun of, like the Ark, and show how it was completely possible. The Bible is always right!


And on the way home, we stopped at a Steak and Shake. I'd never been to one, so it was a fun experience. I got the Eggnog shake, and while I'm not usually a huge fan of Eggnog, it was very good and put me in a Christmas mood. :)


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures! Glad to see Hosanna still looks like herself :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comments!