Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Rafting Down the Canyon

 We started at the Glen Canyon Dam, and rafted 15+ miles to Lee's Ferry. Rafting down the canyon was incredible! It was hard to believe just how high the walls of the canyon were, until you saw a person up there, and they were just a tiny dot.





We also got to visit some authenticated dinosaur tracks.






And if you get the chance to go in the Colorado river, don't be scared off by the cold water temperatures, it was great!





And Indian Petroglyphs.


Where is my next adventure? Well, on Saturday, I'm heading to New York to work at Longview Bible Camp! I am excited to see my sister out there, that I haven't seen in over a year and a half, but truthfully, I wasn't planning on going out there this year. I had other plans. I'd filled out a fifteen page application for a missions trip to Honduras to work with a Christian school, and I had the application all ready to mail when I got an email from Longview, asking me to consider helping this summer.

I responded almost instantly with a "no"! But I agreed to pray about it, and as I prayed about it, I just didn't feel at peace about mailing in my application, and God kept bringing Longview to mind. Long story short, I emailed back several days later, with a "if you still need me" kind of thing, and as soon as they confirmed they still needed me, I knew that was where God wants me this summer. So, I'm off to see what God will do this summer in the ministry there!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comments!